Friday, December 14, 2007

Letting in.

This morning, I awoke with thoughts running in my head, thinking and thinking. Of the things that I have done, of my struggles and what I'm going through. I asked myself, why is God not so evident in my life lately.

I looked at the things that are happening to me, and when I saw the book Experiencing God, I remembered 1 thing. That if we want to experience God, we have to allow him into our lives. Allowing God into our lives means to let God be a part of our lives. Letting God know what is happening in our lives, even when we know that He already knows it!

Being with God is a relationship, and part of nurturing that relationship is by telling Him our coming in and our going out. I learnt that we make it difficult for God to be a part of our lives when we communicate with Him, we just say a few words, when He asks us 5 questions, we just answer with 1 word, I guess it will pretty much hurt God because it just shows very plainly that we are not very interested in talking to Him.

Today, I feel very distant from You God, I honestly do. I feel like the void in my heart has gotten bigger the last few weeks. I have tried to fill the void with many things that are temporary. With things that I know are of no substance, no weight. God, I regret the times when I did not make the extra effort to "let you in" to my life. Today, I resolve this God; I want to make an effort to spend time with You. I want to make an effort to make everyday a day that is worthy to be offered to You as my offering to You. God, I want to spend everyday in Your presence, I know that right now, I am weak, but I stand not on my own strength, but on Your grace. I stand not on my on faith, but on your everlasting faithfullness to me. Without You, I am just air, I make no impact, no significance. God, I want to let you IN my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! che'