Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rest if you must, but don't you quit

The weeks and months had been unforgiving
Straining every muscle,
I strive to stay above the water line

Going below every now and then
My breath becomes shallower and shorter
The pain is sometimes intense, while at times,
I'm just too tired to tell the difference.

Indeed You have been faithful.
Tho I turned away, Your hands were there for me
When I cried out, You were never too far away

A little step is not enough I say
I must push more!
I must do more; prove myself worthy
But You said rest!

Running around aimlessly,
I declined when You offer help.
How foolish am I?
Has my little heart not known?
If You are for me, who can be against me?

I am weak,
I need Your grace
Let me curl up in Your arms,
Teach me to rest in You

No comments: