Monday, September 17, 2007

Of Silver Bells and Loud Cheers!

Saturday was a blast! Not to mention the flight back on Thursday, and the excitement of Friday. It was my sister's wedding last weekend, and though there were a few hiccups here and there, the whole thing was great! I hope my sister enjoyed it as much as I did ler.. Before the wedding week, got so many things to finalize and all. Anyways, on Wednesday I asked to be excused a little earlier from the office to pack up for my bus ride to KL. I reached KL that night at 11 pm, then the next day flew back home with Danny and che.

Nothing much happened on Thursday except for me getting a few errands done, and then on Friday, went to get my glasses fixed, had Kolo mee at Jalan Ang Cheng Ho and went to pick up the car after having "2" lunch that day. Hehe.. (Ate at 11.30 then at 2 pm ate again.. )

The first few moments in the car was a little "wow" kind of experience. I don't know how to describe it... and I didn't even know how to turn on the lights, or take the keys out from the ignition! It was an experience for me, to drive an European car. After a few minutes, I got used to the car, and began to enjoy the driving experience of a Benz. The thing that I'm most impressed with is that the car has so many cool gadgets and controls. The seats are all motorized, adjustable with a push / tap of a button. Even the CD console was really cool. The CD changer is hidden behind the controls, that is revealed when you push a button; the console is lifted like some secret hidden computer which just makes it look really cool ler. I used to think that a Benz is an old man's car, but after the Compressor, I realize that it's actually kinda cool. Loads of function that I didn't even have time to learn how to use yet!

Ok, I got a little carried away with the car, but well, being the driver, it's important that you like the car you're driving right? =D Love the car, and the car will love you back. :p

Saturday morning, I got up really early, and showered, got into my Monkey Suit, and waited for my sister to get ready lor.. The waiting part was really boring ler.. Didn't have appetite to eat breakfast, but knew that I'd be super hungry if I didn't so ate a bit lor... Then by 7.40 left the house with Danny to pick up the best man Eddie to the church. Reached the church by 8.10 and then headed back home to wait for the time to send my sister to the church. By 8.45, left home with Che and Val in the car, then waited outside the church for nearly 20 minutes because they said some guests were not there yet! Whalau eh.. Wait till sweat, wait till car nearly run out of petrol (1/4 tank actually :p) "Reali beh tahan" waited so long, then I called dad to say car no more petrol! Then we went in lor.. hehehe.. Then hor, I didn't get to see che walking in, coz by the time I got in, there already started praying for the service d lor...

After the service was over... had a little "makan makan" then went for photo shoot at the studio for our families. Other than the place being a little too hot, and the photographer insisting that we show our teeth when we smile, I guess it was okay lor..

At night was the dinner reception ler.. I must say the MC for the night was really good. Her command of English, and the way she use words was really good. Hehe.. The dinner was really fun, enjoyable and delicious! =D
Well, I didn't know what to give them as a gift, so I sang the song Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton for them. Hehe.. After listening the band playing the song on stage, I just thought that the words were too beautiful to be omitted. haha..

No comments: