Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Moving

Good bye Penang, hello Tronoh. I traveled in total about 460 KM yesterday and today.

Upon reaching UTP after a brief stop in Ipoh for my speakers and printer from Alan's house, I went straight to V5A, parked my (rented) car and went to get the room keys. I had to wait for almost an hour and after making calls to nearly all my university friends who will be around this semester (looking for housemates) I managed to find myself a house with a few friends.

It's in Block C, level 4 (3rd floor). When I parked my car as close as I could to the block, I looked up and thought to myself "How to bring so many things so high???"

I amazed myself at the amount of things that I carried up to the 3rd floor of our university hostel. It's really exhausting. When I first entered the room, the only thing what went through my mind was - "Crap, the room so dirty and so smelly!! Haiyoh..." Even the switches are stained. The room looked like it's never been cleaned for years. The whole house had a stench, some kind of musky smell. Really very disgisting. I just couldn't stand it, I decided not to spend the night in the room until I get it cleaned up and fresh! After more than an hour of dragging things up to my room, I locked the door, secured it with a pad lock and went off to Gunung Rapat for a night's rest.

The rest house in Gunung Rapat is really cheap, just RM 35 for a room, and in the room, it's air conditioned, has a hot shower and a TV! What more can you ask for at RM 35!

Now, I'm back here in Penang for 1 last night. My room is empty, with just my mattress to sleep on tonight. Tomorrow I'd be in UTP again.

No comments: