Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Feelin It

Are you feeling it? I am.. I feel poor. Suddenly. Out of the blue. Shockingly.

I thought that I was doing okay. That I had enough, that I will never feel so poor.

Cost of living has indeed increased a huge bit. I mean I used to think 10 cents, 50 cents is not much. I mean really. What can you do with 50 cents? Not even park your car for 1 hour! Just like the malay saying "sikit-sikit, lama lama jadi bukit" Can't be denied. Last week, we went to a mamak for nasi kandar. We had our usual of rice, chicken, and an egg. Usually, it's Rm4.90, but that evening, they charged us RM 5.50! 60 cents increase!

Everything rises, but our pay stays the same. How are we to live a life of bliss? Haha.. Guess this is it lah.. Life on earth. Not to be easy breezy. Even God said, we will have to toil for the ground to bear fruits. So here we are.. Toiling for our tables to have food on them everyday. Sometimes when I think of it, I fear.. "What if I can't provide for my family?" Oh the shame, the disgrace... I dream great dreams, I have great ambitions, but how will I attain them by playing so much dota? Haha.. Should I remove all the games on my PC? It's something I find so hard to let go.

Maybe I'm thinking too much.. Sometimes, when I look ahead, I fear that I won't be able to provide for my family, that I will have to work so extra hard just to have a comfortable life. I'll just have to trust God for my provision ler. Seriously, without God, I am nothing.

Arrr!! It's so hard to be an adult and be responsible for your own life. Being an adult is more than freedom, it's responsibility, it's being accountable for your own life. No longer do you look to your parents for food, no longer do you look to your parents when you are in need (maybe sometimes lah ). You are responsible for your own welfare,
The Malaysian climate is so tensed. Economically and politically. All so tensed. Will there be a change? I hope so.. For the better or worse, it's better than no change at all, then we will never know.

No comments: