Sunday, July 23, 2006

New Semester!

Well, since i started this new blog, might as well use it lar... ahah...

Tomorrow will be monday and I'd be starting my 2 year degree. Hmm... time flies, and I have been in UTP for 3 years now! that means i have about 2 more years to go before i graduate!! Woohoo!

I came back to campus last thursday with a few of my friends. It was a long day as we flew from Kuching Airport at around 7 am and we had to wait in KLIA till 12:15 for our flight to Ipoh. By the time we reach our dorms, it was nearly 3 pm. As usual, we have to clean our room when we come back from the semester break. I had to do most of the work because my roomie just had a knee operation last month and he couldn't walk around much. By evening, we were mostly done with unpacking and got setteled down and we had our first game of DOTA for the semester. For those who do not know what dota is, type dota into your search engine and you will find information about it. hehe...

This semester, I'm joining the university orchestra and we started practice on Saturday. Well, at first my friend Derrick and I feld inferior because all the other mucisians were good and we were still struggling to figure out how to play the pieces that were given to us and the conductor expected us to know the songs. I enjoyed myself though, because I got to learn new songs and with more practice, and the grace of God, I believe that I can do better. The best part about this is that I'm actually making money while enjoying myself. The orchestra is paying us RM 10 per day of practice and even though it's very little money, I guess it's better than nothing!

Our orchestra will be doing 2 major performances this year. The first is on the 20th August at the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra, and the other is on the 28th of August in our own university for the convocation. This is really great for me because I've never played in an orchestra before and although this is my first time, i'll be performing with them at such auspicious occasions. Really thank God for this opportunity.

Well, I better go and get my timetable from my course mates soon... eheh.. else i won't know what time are my lectures!

1 comment:

Andrew Ho said...

keep on posting~~~yo