Thursday, May 15, 2008

Quickly Fading

Who am I?

That the Lord if all the earth,

Would care to know my name,

Would care to feel my hurt.


Who am I?

That the bright and morning star,

Would choose to light my way,

For my ever wandering heart.

Not because of who I am,

But because of what You've done.

Not because of what I've done,

But because of who You are.


I am a flower quickly fading,

Here today and gone tomorrow,

A wave tossed in the ocean,

A vapor in the wind.

Still You hear me when I'm calling,

Lord, You catch me when I'm falling,

And You've told me who I am,

I am yours.


Who am I?

That the eyes that see my sin

Would look on my with love

And watch me rise again.

Who am I?

That the voice that calmed the sea,

Would call out through the rain,

And calm the storm in me.

Who am I ?- Casting Crowns

* * *

This song has very beautiful lyrics. I love the part where it goes to say that we are fragile and we can fade anytime. Like a flower that is here today, gone tomorrow; a wave in the ocean, a vapor in the air. Indeed we are fragile and so small. In the bible it says that all the waters in the world can be held in the hollow of God's palm. Who am I that God should be mindful of me?

I feel very humbled, our great God who is so huge and mighty, beyond my comprehension calls me His son! His grace, I cannot fully comprehend, the way he forgives me, I am forever grateful. It is very true, every single word of this song. Who am I, when I call upon His name, He would answer me, that when I fall, His hands will never be too slow to catch me.

I love you. I love you. I love you. Father, I love you.

1 comment:

diane said...

Really nice lyrics. Haven't heard the song before though. I like the song "Who Am I" by point of grace. Goes along the same lines I think. =)