Saturday, February 02, 2008

Travelling

I travelled much, to places anew and to places that I have known so well. The journey home was one I have been looking forward to the whole week. The very thought of just being home was more exciting than the thought of being home for CNY.

I left my university at around 10 am in a taxi. The taxi driver was a friendly old man who drove me down to the bus station and along the way he kept talking to me in Mandrin. I conversed the best I could in broken Mandrin and used Chinese dialects whenever I was lost for words. It sometimes is a little embarrassing being a Chinese and not knowing my own race's language and there are foreigners who can converse in Mandrin better than me! *sweat*

At around 11 am, I reached the Medan Gopeng Bus Station. The express bus to KLIA left the station at around 11.30 and the whole ride was uneventful. That's why I hate travelling alone. The journey is always uneventful and QUIET. Well, it was a good time for me to nap, and so anyway I got to the airport safe, sound and BLUR. I felt like a zombie carrying my bags to the check-in counter. It has been quite a long time since I took a MAS flight so when I got to the departure level, I walked straight to the first MAS check-in counter I saw and said in a confident tone - Flight MH 2534, I know my flight is many hours from now, but can I check-in now? The attendant at the counter didn't even look at me and asked "Where is your flight to again?" I was thinking like "huh? now all the same one meh?" - "Kuching" was all I said. She smiled at me the sweetest smile could smile and directed me to the domestic flight check-in counters because I was at the international flights check-on counters. *malunye*

Once I got my luggage checked-in, my next mission was getting to Klang to meet up with Sher, then get back to KLIA before 9.45 for my flight! I took the KLIA Express train that goes down to KL Sentral in 28 minutes. The thing about this train is that it is expensive but it is ON TIME and very accurate. I timed the ride down, and it was exactly 28 minutes just as they say it is, unlike the KTM trains that travel at an unbelievably slow speeds. The KTM train ride from KL Sentral to Klang took about 1 hour! *Uggh!* By the time I reached Klang it was already nearly 6 pm! I didn't want to miss my flight and I knew that the only way I can make it in time back to KLIA is if I leave Klang by 7.30! Man.. I travelled so far but I can only meet Sher for like 1 pathetic hour~! Anyways the four of us - Mun Khea, Mun Wah, Sher Ri and myself - had "dinner" at a place called "Fruity". Haha. The name of the place gave me the impression that the  place serves drinks and foods that have some funny fruit flavour in it. When we walked into the place, the smell reminded me of Starbucks. The wonderful and delicious aroma of coffee! The menu is something so different, they serve a wide range of food from pasta to chicken grills and cheese cakes! They recommended me the Grilled chicken, Traditional Tomato and cheese Spaghetti, and a very different Thai Spaghetti. I tried the spaghetti and I have to agree with them that the spaghetti is really very nice at only RM 10++

The trip back to KLIA from Klang was one where I find myself thinking so much about something that I don't pay much attention to whatever that is happening around me. I guess partly also it was because I was already really very drained physically and all I could want to do was to get home quickly. When I was about to boarding the plane, I suddenly remembered, I forgot to take a picture with Sher! Man.. travelled so far to see her then didn't even remember to take a picture. Walao eh... The flight back wasn't very pleasant at all. I couldn't sleep and there were times when I felt like I was going to throw up! I sat beside a man in his early 50's and he has to put his hands on the arm rest so much to my side that I could hardly sit comfortably! MAS flights are better??? I think sometimes only lah.. the coolest part is that you get to have unlimited flow of orange juice throughout the flight while in the Air Asia flight, you would have to pay like RM6 for a carton of juice!

I couldn't be any happier when I heard the pilot announcing that we were about to land and that we have to be buckled up in our seats. The flight felt like it was a 3 hour flight but it was actually just 1 hour 45 minutes. When I cleared from the immigration, I told myself "Yes! I'm home!!!" - So nice to be back home... Reaching home about 1 am in the morning, I showered, and went to bed. I hope the week would be spent well, and that this year's celebration will be filled with much joys!

*Cheers* - To a wonderful holiday and joyous Chinese New Year celebration!

 

GONG XI FA CHAI !

No comments: