Monday, October 01, 2007

Monsoon

The air in Penang is different today. The air is damp, the clouds hover over the skies, blocking away the sun. I guess this is how Europe is like. Always gray. The air is cool, and extra cold in the office today.

I did something really stupid today. I was working on my project, and I added a new chunk of code that retrieves data from a database, and somehow, I messed up everything. The whole project interface can't be edited anymore in design mode anymore.  (Forgive me for all the technical stuff.. if you don't understand, just think of it as a white board that you can draw things, but now, the white board had been blocked, and you can't change anything anymore) The solution was to start all over again, but well, good thing this happened much earlier before I added a whole lot more functionality to the application.

Well, who to blame? The compiler for not warning me about the warning before compiling and saving, or me who made the mistake? Well, I would choose not to blame myself. :p

Anyway, I have made a copy of the project and I am reminding myself to do it everyday. =) Just incase I do make another mistake like that, I can just revert to the last editing that I made. The most time I would lose will be 1 day instead of losing weeks or months of work!

The rain has been pouring the whole day today. It's such a nice weather to sleep in. I hope tomorrow will be the same. Cool and cloudy, and gray cause that's how I feel at the moment. Well better still, a chilly day in Malaysia~! But I guess when that day comes, the world weather is so seriously messed up~

*   *   *   *

Sometimes I feel that there's no meaning to all that I'm doing. Feel like the things that I do have no substance. No form, no "solid" matter. Anyone felt that way before, or is it just me thinking too much or too little? Pretty messed in the head I think. =S
I need some professional help I think..
xD

OK.. enough crapping.. Should start seeking direction from Father.

Father, grant me Your grace, grant me some strength, breathe into me again.

No comments: