Monday, August 07, 2006

Hot Shot!

Today is a BIG day for my university.. Tun Dr. Mahatir is here! He's giving a speech on "Cabaran- cabaran Mentadbir Sebuah Negara" or "Challenges of Governing a Country". The speech starts at 10:00 am, and ends around 12 i guess, so all our lectures from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm is cancelled!!

So basically, that means that I'm free today la... hehe... Was so busy over the weekend, attending practices, going to church to prepare for Sugar High on friday night, but what I really liked about the past week is that I had time to go swimming with a few of my friends.. ahah.. Today, God gave me time to do my group assignment! All classes cancelled (for me cause I don;t have class after 1pm today... hehehe...) ahah.. This semester, sometimes, looks very gloomy, but everything is brighter when you look at them from God's perspective, when you have God in the picture, you'll believe that everything will work out. And it does!

One of the things I've been learning for the past weeks has been that God wants us to trust Him. God is like a father who is in the raging seas, asking us to jump into the sea before the ship sinks and assuring that He will carry us, but we just look at the water and we fear and forget that He is there to carry us through. When we choose not to trust Him, I think He'll be hurt. Just like you and me, when our friends or loved ones don't trust us, we'll feel hurt.

On the 20th August, I'll be down in KL together with my university's orchestra. We'll be performing the the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra Hall (MPO). So, if you're free, do get yourself a ticket and come see us! ahah... We're nearly halfway through the semester already, in just a few more weeks, we'd be having our mid semester break (September). Got so many things planned for the whole semester and even the coming holidays! ahah...

I have a short term goal for the day:
To finish up the book "Choosing God's Best" and start reading the new book i bought from Kuching... ahah..

Thank you Lord for this beautiful day.



No comments: